25 juillet 2015

With the coming of dusk, twilight, the Gloaming, worries strive to make their way back into my skull.  I push them back, repel their treacherous desperate assaults with the sole power of my clear conscience.  They are not winning, but still I feel the need to make a speech from the ramparts:

I have been honest.  And I am.  And I will be.


Whatever I am, however you see me, that's all I am.  No more, no less.  There is no hidden dark side to me.  It's there for all to see.  I'm Charlie Brown smiling under a big dark cloud.  Eeyore with a hip-flask.  I admit to everything, my failures, my weaknesses, the things I'm proud of, the things I'm ashamed of.  

If you like what you see, what you feel, what you hear, what you read, then rest assured: there's nothing else.  No big secret that'll break your heart down the line.  If you're expecting something more, I'm sorry.  That's not me.

What I am, I am.  What I'm not, I'm not.

Out of habit, I guess, I keep expecting you to realize that I'm subpar, a lowly failure, a schizo with a head full of stories (stories... stories are my language, my doorway into Life), a gentle loser (so why don't you kill me?), a weirdo with a pronounced disconnect from Reality.  But at the same time, even though I'm kinda expecting you to pull away, I don't believe in my own doubts.  That's not what I'm picking up.  And I'm grateful, so grateful, for the blessed privilege I am currently receiving.

I don't know, I don't understand, I don't care.  This, right here, is Magic.  And Magic is something bigger than yourself, that you can't predict or completely control.  Something that changes lives.

Aucun commentaire: