31 juillet 2015

Lost Cause (a passing fancy roughly jotted down)

« O! Why was I born with a different face?
  Why was I not born like the rest of my race?
  When I look, each one starts; when I speak, I offend;
  Then I’m silent and passive, and lose every friend. »
--- William Blake


Having reached too far
overstepped the bounds
I am once more brought back
to a difficult fact.

A Fool is what I am
and as such
like a Fool
I am treated.

A Fool I am
and as such
do not see things
for what they are.

A Fool I am
so cannot explain
simple yet overwhelming enthusiasms (Love!)
or tangled and voiceless despairs (Love!).

Being a Fool
I am brought down by banalities
and then lifted
by Chimeras of the mind.

A Fool to believe
that one so estranged
of a frame so unremarkable
could achieve a meaningful
--- and reciprocal ---
bond; a Fool to think that
I can hope once more
for an amorous embrace.

“You are a Poet,
you feel everything
more deeply,”
someone once said to me.
Was she right?
Just being nice?

I am just a Fool.

Aucun commentaire: