20 septembre 2015

The Fool worries
and wonders
having just recently
put his hat back on
after taking
a long love-path
through someone else's
attempts at self-propelsion

Now, with a baffled smirk
he thinks:
"I no longer
have to please
anyone
but myself."

Gobbling up
his dose of
awe-struck febrility
he thinks of all
the Judgements
which have been
piled on him
and all the ones
that will be pinned
to his lapel,
tomorrow and tomorrow.

"[...] always been sort of a pessimist [...] you don't have it in you [...] shut down emotionally again [...] you shoot everything down [...] you're stuck in your head [...] you rarely have an opinion on things and just do what I ask [...] you don't do anything on your own or for yourself [...] you pushed everyone away [...] you weigh me down [...] I know you'll always be around but I feel alone [...] you're an empty shell [...] you're unwilling to change [...] I'm dragging you behind [...] you don't have an internal drive [...] I need something you can't offer [...] you take our relationship for granted [...] I've wasted years being unhappy with you [...] you take everything so seriously [...] you over-interpret everything I say [...] you ask too many questions [...]"

He was a fool's Fool
trying to please
everybody
but himself
and failing
everyone
in the process.

Now, back to Foolhood,
he wants nothing
but laughter
and wonder
and caring
and fullness
yet he drags that around
everywhere
and why?

He's the Fool!
He should
make fun of it!
Deride it!
Put it down!
Forget it!
Turn away!
Look ahead!
Look around!
Look!
See!

It's all there!
And he has
no obligation
to please
anybody!

He answers to no one but himself.

Aucun commentaire: