3 décembre 2015

it seems to me
(but why?)
that my Silence
is just tantamount
(for most, if not all)
to agreement
tacit acceptance
passive manipulability
yet when I do talk
(clumsy hesitant fumble)
the easy way out is chosen
and my pronouncements
are malleably shaped
into whatever suits the listener
so as to remake the past & present
realities
into whatever suits
him/her
best

so what happened
to Listening
does that even mean
anything anymore

who ever said
that understanding
should come easy
with no effort
at transposing
our mind into
somebody else's

I repudiate easy Truths
I turn away from conventions
cowardly proverbs
passed-on resignation
they make me sick 
to my stomach
allergic repugnance
irritating insistance
upon the systematic
gathering of clues
tidbits 
nuggets of fact
simulacrums of fancy
gruesome testimonies
to Innocence and/or Experience
yeah, me maties

the next Ice Age
will NOT be televised
(on the contrary)
it's happening inside us all
right now
for a long time now
denying us our right to envision
(you see where I'm going with that)

every one of us
who imagines something new
digging up 
instead of using the cast
questing for
not paying for
tearing out of our beings
without anybody knowing
yeah
that's what we need
to be concerned about

there are few of us
but a fraction of an infinity
is a veritable army

let us take arms
and fight
for our right
to gush
kiss
hold
seek
explore
gather
invent
adapt
adopt
change
improve
invert
(covert peaceful gentle revolution)
insert
our spiritual DNA
our psychic revelatory
abnormalities
into
the cursed
fated
destined
doomed
directives
of our Age

I want to walk
between mysterious rows 
of forbidden books
with the girl of my dreams
holding her hand
kissing her there
hearing her laugh
my hand on the nape
of her neck
while we smuggle
forsaken knowledge
back to the Circle
of our crazy friends
while my children
use scrap metal
and foam
and electric tape
to materialise
their thoughts
into new
shocking
(rows upon rows)
contraptions of
imaginative sweet
tender bright
emanations
of their own unique
manifest giddiness

let us join

Aucun commentaire: